A healthy eggless marble cake made using whole wheat flour. No one would be able to tell you the difference between this cake and the one made using plain flour. Cherries added to the batter make it all the more tastier and scrumptious. Enjoy this easy to make, guilt free cake with your loved ones!
Servings: 16-20 slices (wedges)
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Baking Time: 35 minutes
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour ( atta )
1/2 cup Plain Flour ( maida )
1/2 cup canned/fresh cherries
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup butter/oil
3/4 cup condensed milk
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp cocoa powder
About 1 cup milk (more or less)
1.Grease a cake tin.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda.
3. Wash the canned cherries ( if using ) and wash off any syrup sticking to it. Pat them dry.
4. In a separate large bowl cream the butter/oil and condensed milk, till it is well mixed and the mixture is light and creamy.Then add a vanilla essence and mix.
5. Add the dry mixture to the creamed butter and condensed milk mixture, mixing all the time. Add the milk little by little to get a dropping consistency batter.
6. In a separate bowl take 1/3rd of the prepared batter and mix in cocoa powder and 1-2 tsp water.
7. Fold in the washed and dried cherries into the leftover vanilla batter.
8. Pour half of the vanilla and cherry batter into the prepared tin and spread it.
9. Pour all the chocolate batter evenly over it.
10. Pour the remaining vanilla and cherry batter evenly over it and pat the cake tin lightly
7. Bake it at 180 C for 25 minutes and then lower the temperature to 165 C and bake for another for 10 minutes, till the top is light golden and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. ( can also be baked in a microwave * note * )
8. Cool it in the tin before taking it out on a wire rack. Cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
9. Slice and serve. Enjoy!
1. To bake in a microwave, microwave at 100% power for 6-8 minutes and check if baked using a knife ( ready if it comes out clean ).
2. Batter can also be made using only whole wheat flour and replacing plain flour with it.