These chocolate cashew truffles are simply yummy and chocolaty, yet very simple and easy to make. Made with a handful of ingredients and easy method these truffles can be made by anyone to satisfy your chocolate/ sweet cravings. Traditionally, truffles are made using dark chocolate ganache centre and coated with various toppings. I’ve made the chocolate cashew truffles using cocoa powder to make the ganache in place of dark chocolate. These delicious, elegant and decadent chocolate cashew truffles are perfect to be made on special occasions also for your loved ones. Enjoy them with your family and friends!
Calories: 60 per piece
Preparation Time: 30 minutes + 3 hours refrigeration
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
170 gram/ 12 tbsp. Butter
3/4 cup Cocoa Powder
1 can/ 1.5 cups Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 tsp. Vanilla Essence
Cocoa Powder for rolling truffles
Coconut Powder for rolling truffles
For Caramel Coated Cashew Nuts:
0.5 cup Cashew Nuts
2 tbsp. Sugar
1 tbsp. Water
1. Melt the butter in a sauce pan over low heat and add in the cocoa powder and mix well.
2. Add in the condensed milk, increase the heat to medium high and stir.
3. Keep stirring the mixture constantly for 4-5 minutes, remove from heat and add in the vanilla essence.
4. Pour the chocolate truffle mixture into a heat proof container and refrigerate it for at least 2 hours, till it is chilled and set.
5. To make the caramel coated cashew nuts, boil sugar and water in a heavy bottom pan. Then add the cashew nuts to the pan and lower the heat.
6. Stir the caramel cashews frequently till the roasted aroma starts coming from the cashews and the sugar starts to caramelize, about 5-6 minutes.
7. Pour the caramel coated cashew nuts on greased butter paper/ parchment paper and let them cool for 25-30 minutes and then break it into little pieces.
8. To assemble the chocolate cashew truffles, take out the truffle mixture and shape it into balls using a scooper, with few caramel cashew pieces in the centre.
9. Roll the truffles into the cocoa powder and little bit coconut powder and top them with caramel cashew pieces.
10. Chill the chocolate cashew truffles for at least an hour to set and serve.
1. You can use your favorite essences like mint, almond,etc.
2. You can roll the chocolate cashew truffles in colorful sprinkles, chocolate vermicelli crushed nuts, etc.
3. You can use your favorite nuts like pistachio, almonds, walnuts, etc. in place of cashew nuts.
4. Ensure medium heat while cooking the truffle mixture and caramel cashews, or they could burn.
5. To make the recipe simple, you can skip making caramel cashews.
6. You can store the chocolate cashew truffles in an airtight container in a refrigerator for 8-10 days.