Lemon Pesto Grilled Paneer & Broccoli is a fusion Italian dish created by me. It is filled with fresh flavor of the basil pesto and citrus flavor lemon. Pesto is an authentic Italian sauce made using fresh basil, pine nuts, garlic and olive oil. This dish is a very rustic, yet very modern starter, fit for any party. Quickly made, this starter will leave your guests spellbound with its simple yet delicious and delicate flavors. Enjoy Lemon Pesto Grilled Paneer & Broccoli with your family and friends!
Calories: 200 per person
Preparation Time: 10 minutes + 20 minutes marination time
Cooking Time: 8-10 minutes
250 grams Paneer
1 big Broccoli
1 tsp. Oil
1/3rd cup Prepared Pesto
Juice of 1 Lemon
1 tsp. Oregano/ Mixed Herbs
1 tsp. Red Chilli Flakes
Salt to taste
1. Mix all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl.
2. Wash the broccoli in hot water and cut the paneer and broccoli into desired pieces.
3. Mix the broccoli and paneer pieces in the marinade, coating each piece and keep them in a refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
4. Heat a grill and brush it with a little oil.
5. Grill the paneer and broccoli pieces until grill marks appear.
6. Garnish the lemon pesto grilled paneer and broccoli with parsley and serve it with your favorite dipping sauce/ chutney.
1. For making pesto at home, refer to the following link:
2. You can also use tofu/ mushrooms in place of paneer and asparagus in place of broccoli.
3. Do not marinate the broccoli for too long as it might leave water.
4. You can also grill the paneer and broccoli on a griddle (tawa) or bake it in an oven on 200 degrees centigrade for 20-25 minutes.