No canned store bought pizza/pasta sauce can be better than a homemade Tomato Basil Sauce. Making pizza/ pasta tomato basil sauce at home guarantees you of the quality of the ingredients used as well as tastes better because of your love added in, along with authentic way of cooking the sauce. It is very easy to make at home with only a few simple ingredients. The secret of making a good Italian pizza/ pasta tomato basil sauce is cooking it properly for long time. Though it’s cooking time is a little more, but it is very essential to remove any rawness from the tomatoes. Your whole house gets filled with the lovely aroma of the sauce when it is cooked. This sauce can be made in large quantities and can be stored in a refrigerator for many weeks. Try this Italian Pizza/ Pasta Tomato Basil sauce and share your thoughts!
Makes: 2 cups
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
2 tsp. Olive Oil/ Canola Oil
1 big Onion, finely chopped
12-15 cloves of Garlic minced
5-6 large Tomatoes, pureed
1/4 th cup Tomato Puree/ 2 tbsp. Tomato Ketchup
15-20 Basil Leaves
1.5 tap. Oregano/ Mixed Herbs
1 tsp. Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
2 tsp. Sugar
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium high heat.
2. Add the minced garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
3. Add in the chopped onions and saute for around 2 minutes on medium flame, till it becomes translucent.
4. Increase the heat to high, add in the pureed tomatoes and bring the sauce to a rolling boil, stirring occasionally.
5. Add in the canned tomato puree, salt, sugar, kashmiri red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp. oregano/ mixed herbs and 1 tsp. hand torn basil.
6. Cover the pan and cook the sauce on a low flame for around 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. After it is cooked, add the remaining oregano/ mixed herbs and hand torn basil.
8. Cool the pizza/pasta sauce and store it refrigerated in an airtight container.
1. Preferably use Kashmiri red chilli powder to enhance the color of the pizza/ pasta sauce.
2. Do not brown the garlic and onions.
3. Ensure proper cooking of tomatoes to remove any rawness from them.
4. Prepared Italian Pizza/ Pasta Tomato Basil sauce can be stored in a refrigerator for less than 1.5 months.