Sometimes you want to make something quick and easy, yet tasty. Baked Paneer & Broccoli Sandwiches are very simple and easy to make, yet very scrumptious and delicious. These are also very healthy, filled with nutritious broccoli and protein rich cottage cheese (paneer). Very rich, creamy and melt in mouth from inside and crispy on the outside, Paneer and broccoli Sandwiches would be liked by children as well as adults alike. They are very easy to prepare and can be made in no time. They can also make up great party snacks by cutting the sandwiches into small pieces. Make Baked Paneer & Broccoli Sandwiches and enjoy with your family and friends!
Servings: 8 Sandwiches
Calories: 300 per Sandwich
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Baking Time: 10 minutes
16 Bread Slices
1 cup/ 250 grams Cottage Cheese (Paneer)
1 cup Broccoli
20 grams grated Cheese
2 tbsp. Cashews
3-4 tbsp. Milk
½ tsp. Garlic Powder/ 8-10 Garlic Cloves, chopped
½ tsp. Red Chili Flakes
1 tsp. Pizza, Pasta Seasoning/ Mixed Herbs
Salt to taste
⅓ Cup Olive Oil/ Butter
1. Soak the cashews in boiling water for a few minutes to soften them.Wash the broccoli in warm water and chop it very fine.
2. Preheat the oven/ otg at 240 degrees centigrade (for 10 minutes).
3. In a grinder/ food processor, add the soaked cashews and grind it to a paste (not very fine).
4. Add the cottage cheese (paneer) and grind the mixture into a fine paste, adding milk to moisten it (as required).
5. The prepared paste should be of the consistency similar to hung curd or cream cheese. Take the cottage cheese mixture out in a bowl.
6. Add the chopped broccoli, grated cheese, garlic powder/ garlic cloves, red chili flakes, pizza/ pasta seasoning and salt to the paneer mixture and mix very well.
7. Adjust the consistency of the filling by adding some milk to make it easily spreadable.
8. Brush one side of the bread slices with olive oil/ butter. Fill 2-3 tbsp. of the prepared filling between 2 bread slices with greased side outward.
9. Bake the sandwiches in batches on a grill rack (to get grill marks) at 220-240 degrees centigrade for 5 minutes or until the sandwiches are crisp and golden brown.
10. Serve the Baked Paneer & Broccoli Sandwiches hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
1. Do not use mozzarella cheese, preferably use processed/ gouda/ cheddar/ parmesan cheese instead as they taste better in this sandwich.
2. You can use any other vegetable of your choice in place of broccoli.
3. Do wash the broccoli in warm water properly to get rid of any worms/ pests.
4. Make sure to grind the cottage cheese (paneer) fine and also get the filling to the consistency of hung curd by adding some milk (as required).
5. If you do not want to bake the sandwiches, you can also make the Paneer and Broccoli Sandwiches in sandwich maker/ grill maker.