Everybody loves moist, chocolaty and decadent chocolate cake. This is a very simple chocolate cake recipe which is very easy to make. Just mix the liquid and dry ingredients and bake. Isn’t it easy?
This chocolate cake goes well with white chocolate or dark chocolate ganache, fudge icing and chocolate buttercream frosting. I’ve topped the cake with chocolate chips, which can be avoided if not making a dry cake.
This cake is light on sugar as no extra sugar is added and only sweetened condensed milk is used for sweetness. This chocolate cake recipe would surely give you good results and will be liked by all. Enjoy this Chocolate Cake with your family and friends!
Servings: 8 slices (wedges)
Calories: 380 per slice
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 35-40 minutes
1½ cup All Purpose Flour (maida)
3 tbsp. Cocoa Powder
1 ½ tsp. Baking Powder
¾ tsp. Baking Soda
1 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk (Mithai mate)
¾ cup Butter/ Oil
1½ tsp. Vanilla Essence
¾ cup Water
1 tbsp. Vinegar
3-4 tbsp. Toppings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F or 180 degree C for at least 10 minutes.
- Grease a 9 inch round or 8 by 8 inch square cake pan with oil or butter and dust with some all purpose flour. You can also instead line the cake pan with parchment paper.
- Take butter in a bowl and melt it in a microwave. You can melt on stove top also. Let it cool down to room temperature.
- Add water to the melted room temperature butter/ oil and whip it very well for around 3-4 minutes.
- Add condensed milk and vanilla essence to the butter/ oil and water mixture and whip it nicely for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in the vinegar and sift in all the dry ingredients (all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda) using a sieve.
- Mix the batter lightly using a whisk initially and using a spatula afterwards till everything is incorporated well.
- Pour the batter into prepared cake pan and lightly tap it on the countertop to spread the batter evenly and remove any air bubbles. Sprinkle the toppings on the cake
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. (can also be baked in a microwave *notes* )
- Cool it in the tin before taking it out on a wire rack. Cool completely on a wire rack before slicing. Slice and serve. Enjoy!
- Add a pinch of salt if using oil or unsalted butter.
- For toppings, you can use chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruits, etc.
- Whisk the cake batter lightly and do not overmix the batter.
- To bake in a microwave, microwave at 100% power for 6-8 minutes and check if baked using a knife ( ready if it comes out clean ).
- If an inserted skewer doesn’t come out clean i.e. some batter sticks to the skewer, then bake it for 5 minutes more until done.
- Remember to cool the cake properly before slicing it to avoid crumbly slices or broken cake.