Nothing is more delectable and indulgent than moist, rich and soft chocolate cupcakes and what better if they are eggless? This Eggless Chocolate Cupcake recipe is my most favorite one. Nobody would be able to spot that these cupcakes are eggless.
Loved by everyone, even the non-chocolate lovers because of their texture, these chocolate cupcakes are a family favorite. Addition of oil in place of butter as a fat renders the soft and moist texture to these cupcakes.
You can make bite size 12 mini cupcakes out of the batter like I did or make 6 regular sized cupcakes. You can increase the ingredients proportionately for a larger batch. You can also make variations by adding nuts, dry fruits and chocolate chips in the batter. These Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes go well with white/ dark chocolate ganache, vanilla/ chocolate/ fruit flavored buttercream and whipped cream frostings.
Do comment your queries and experience, do share the recipe and like my facebook page. Try these Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes at your home and enjoy with your family and friends!
Servings: 12 mini/ 6 large cupcakes
Calories: 75 for mini/ 150 for large cupcakes
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 20-25 minutes
½ cup All Purpose Flour
⅓ cup Granulated Sugar
⅛ cup/ 2 tbsp. Cocoa Powder
½ tsp. Baking Soda
1 pinch Salt
⅓ cup Water
⅙ cup/ 2.5 tbsp. Oil
½ tsp. Vanilla Essence
1 tsp. Vinegar
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Centigrade or 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease the muffin tray with some oil or line the tray with muffin liners. I prefer greasing the cupcake liners with some oil also.
- In a bowl, whip the water, oil, sugar and vanilla essence nicely to incorporate air in the wet ingredients and dissolve the sugar.
- Take all the dry ingredients, i.e. the all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a sieve and sift them in the wet ingredients.
- Mix the batter lightly and nicely until well blended, using a whisk initially and a spatula later.
- Add the vinegar in the last to the batter and blend it well in the muffin batter using a spatula.
- Pour the prepared prepared muffin batter in the cupcake liners or the muffin tray, filling each only two-third.
- Bake the chocolate muffins in the preheated oven for around 18-20 minutes for mini cupcakes and 25 minutes for large cupcakes or until a skewer, knife or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the muffin tray from the oven and after 5 minutes, remove the eggless chocolate cupcakes from the tray and let them cool properly before serving.
- Whip the liquid ingredients nicely for about 3 minutes to incorporate the air, which is essential in eggless cakes and cupcakes.
- For better results, you can sift the dry ingredients 2-3 times beforehand in a separate bowl.
- Do not overmix the chocolate cupcake batter and blend the dry and wet ingredients lightly using a spatula.
- Add the vinegar only at the last as the baking soda starts reacting with it.
- Do not leave the mixed cupcake batter for long on the counter and immediately pour into the muffin tray.
- To bake the eggless chocolate cupcakes in a microwave, microwave at 100% power for 4 minutes and check if baked using a knife, toothpick or skewer ( ready if it comes out clean ).
- If an inserted skewer doesn’t come out clean i.e. some batter sticks to the skewer, then bake the cupcakes for 5 minutes more in the oven until done.
- Cool the cupcakes properly before serving and they can be kept in a refrigerator for around 1 week.