Freshly baked Italian Pizza is the all time favorite of many including me. With pre made sauce and pizza base, it can be made very quickly at home. This recipe of mine is different from the normal pizza that we all eat now and then. Rather than using the normal tomato basil pizza sauce, I’ve used homemade fresh Italian pesto sauce.
Pesto is an authentic Italian sauce made using pine nuts, olive oil, pine nuts, garlic and cheese. It is filled with freshness of basil, nuttyness of pine nuts and hints of garlic. Pesto sauce is very easy to make at home with a handful of ingredients. The link for the same is provided in the notes.
To make the Italian pizza healthier, you can use less amount of cheese and use whole wheat pizza base instead of the normal one. Do not worry if you don’t have an oven as pizza can also be made on a stove top.
Do comment your queries and experience, do share the recipe and like my facebook page. Try these Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes at your home and enjoy with your family and friends!
Calories: 500 per person
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 30-35 minutes
2 Pizza Base/ Rolled Pizza dough
¼ cup Pesto Sauce
100 grams Pizza Cheese/ Mozzarella Cheese
¾ cup Mixed Vegetables, Diced
1 tsp. Oil
2 tsp. Oregano/ Mixed Herbs
1 tsp. Red Chilli Flakes
Salt to taste
1. Preheat the oven at 200 degrees centigrade, with both rods switched on.
2. Brush a pizza base with a little oil.
3. Spread 2 tbsp. pesto sauce evenly over the pizza base.
4. Grate some pizza cheese/ mozzarella cheese over the pizza base, spreading it evenly.
5. Make cut marks over the pizza and arrange the diced vegetables over it.
6. Grate some more pizza cheese/ mozzarella cheese over it.
7. Sprinkle salt to taste, red chilli flakes and oregano/ mixed herbs over the pizza.
8. Bake the pizza in the oven at 200 degrees centigrade with both the rods switched on for 15-18 minutes or until cheese melts and it becomes golden brown on top and the pizza base becomes crisp.
9. Repeat it with the 2nd pizza base also and serve the Italian Pizza hot.
1. For making the pesto sauce at home, refer to the following link:
2. Use around 50 grams of pizza cheese/ mozzarella cheese over one 7-8″ pizza base.
3. You can also make the pizza in broad frying pan. For that, heat a frying pan over medium flame and grease it with a little oil. Place the pizza in the frying pan and cook covered for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese melts.