Pastas are all time favorites of people of all the ages nowadays. Easy to make and satisfying in taste pastas make up a perfect a perfect meal. Earlier I had posted Makhani Sauce Pasta recipe, which was different from the regular sauces we use in pastas and this time too I have made a contemporary pasta sauce using fresh mint as the main ingredient.
Made using mint and lemon, Pasta in Mint Lemon sauce is very refreshing in taste, yet very healthy, filled with
vegetables. The Mint Lemon sauce can also be used as a marinade for grilling dishes or as a spread for sandwiches sans the milk. The sauce made using simple and less ingredients is easy and quick to make by just blending the ingredients.
Bored of eating red or white sauce pasta? Try this Pasta in Mint Lemon Sauce and you’ll love it. Do comment your queries and experience, do share the recipe and like my facebook page.
Calories: 425 per person
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
4 cups Pasta (400 grams)/ 4 servings Spaghetti
8-10 cups Water
Salt to taste
½ tsp. White/ Black Pepper Powder
1 tsp. Oil
1 tbsp. Butter
1 cup Mushrooms, diced
½ cup Bell Peppers, diced
½ cup Peas
¾ cup Broccoli Florets
1 tbsp. Garlic Cloves
1 bunch +1 tbsp. Mint Leaves
3+1 tbsp. Coriander Leaves
2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
1 tbsp. Fresh Cream
¼ cup Milk
⅛ cup Olive/ Canola Oil
Salt to taste
- Wash and chop all the vegetables into medium sized cuts of your choice. Wash and tear the mint and coriander leaves.
- In a saucepan, boil the pasta, adding salt, according to the package instructions until al dente.
- After boiling the pasta, reserve about ⅓ cup of pasta water for later use.
- In a grinder, add all the ingredients for the mint and lemon sauce and make a fine paste of it.
- Heat some oil and butter in a non stick frying pan. Add the mushrooms and saute them on high flame for about 7-8 minutes or until cooked.
- Add the peas and stir fry for a few seconds, then cover the pan and let them cook on low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Add bell peppers to the frying pan and saute for 2 minutes. Then add the broccoli florets and a little salt, white/ black pepper powder and stir fry for around 30 seconds.
- Then to the frying pan, add the boiled pasta, reserved pasta water and the prepared lemon mint sauce.
- Stir nicely and mix the sauce properly and let the pasta cook in the sauce for 2-3 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning, garnish the mint and lemon sauce pasta with coriander & mint leaves and serve warm with a dolop of cream cheese or cheese shavings and garlic bread or as it is.
- You can use more or less vegetables and add any other vegetables, paneer, tofu, seafood or meat of your choice to the pasta.
- Add enough salt to the water before adding the pasta, to make it taste like sea water.
- Do not overcook the pasta, cook it al dente, i.e. having a bite and not mushy, according to the package instructions as it later cooks in the sauce also.
- While cooking pasta, always reserve some pasta water to be used with the sauce as it thickens the sauce and makes pasta taste better.
- If using the pasta after some time, then drain the pasta and mix in 1-2 tsp. oil to prevent it from sticking.